Find all the essential information about MAAS events in the list below:
- MAAS school group visits – all venues day & Sydney Observatory evening
- MAAS booked school holiday workshops
- Sydney Observatory evening sessions
MAAS school group visits – all venues day & Sydney Observatory evening
For all enquiries contact the MAAS Bookings team on (02) 9217 0222 or at email@example.com
Changes to your visit
- You can make changes to the time, date, numbers, or programs up until two weeks prior to your visit.
- MAAS will re-invoice you with the updated details as appropriate.
Teacher to learner ratios
- MAAS maintains supervisor to learner ratios for learner safety and comfort. Within these ratios supervisors are free. For additional supervisors, general admission may apply.
- Supervisor to learner ratios: 1:1 for special needs, 1:2 for under 5 years, 1:5 for years K–2, 1:10 for years 3–6, 1:20 for years 7–12.
- Details can be modified up until two weeks prior to your visit. Museum resources are now committed to meet your requirements,
- If no contact has been made with us to this point, we will assume the booking details are correct, and will enforce the invoice.
- Full payment in advance must be received two weeks before your visit.
- Please note that the Museum is no longer able to accept school payments on the day of you visit.
- There is no GST charged on school visits.
- MAAS is committed to equitable access and offers reduced fees for schools eligible for support based on NSW Department of Education Resource Allocation Model (RAM).
Cancellations and refunds
- Cancellations and refunds are available up to two weeks prior to your visit.
- Two weeks prior to the visit MAAS resources have been committed to meet your requirements and full fee as per invoice is owed.
- In exceptional circumstances please contact our Bookings team on (02) 9217 0222 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
No shows or late arrival
- Please pan to arrive before the start time of your booked program to allow for cloaking, toilet visits and/or a refreshment break.
- In the event of late arrival, contact us (02) 9217 0222 or at email@example.com to ensure that we can provide the optimal learning experience.
- Please note that it is not always possible to extend the program finish time. If you arrive late, some elements and activities may need to be cut from the program to keep to the scheduled finish time.
- Advise us of any changes to your booking on (02) 9217 0222 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
What to bring
- Bring lunch and refreshments, including water and a sun hat for lunch time play.
- Please don’t bring valuables other than those you can carry with you.
MAAS Booked school holiday workshops
- All workshops are fully staff supervised from drop-off to pick-up, including breaks.
- We keep participants projects and files for a period of three weeks after each workshop. After this date these must be deleted. Please keep your own files safe.
- Participants may be photographed or filmed as part of the workshop experience, and these images may be used for MAAS promotional purposes. Please sign consent or opt out on your ticket.
- Meet at the following locations, depending on the venue of your workshop:
- Powerhouse Museum, Ultimo: Meet 10 minutes prior to the workshop commencement time in front of Locomotive 1, next to admissions on entry level 3 of the Museum, 500 Harris St, Ultimo.
- Museum Discovery Centre (MDC), Castle Hill: Meet 10 minutes prior to the workshop commencement time in the MDC reception area, 172 Showground Rd, Castle Hill.
- Sydney Observatory, Millers Point: Meet 10 minutes prior to the workshop commencement at the East Dome (on the right once you enter through the main gates), 1003 Upper Fort St, Millers Point.
- Parents are welcome to attend 30 mins prior to workshop conclusion for group presentation and pick up.
What to bring
- Bring your event ticket, printed, with important information filled out.
- Bring lunch and refreshments, including water and a sun hat for lunch time play.
- Bring any medication you require. Please detail on your ticket.
- Please DON’T bring any technology, unless stated otherwise.
Parents please be aware
- Workshops are age-specific, please comply with the minimum age recommendation when registering for your workshop.
- Please consider the suitability of the workshop you are booking for your child. Refunds are not available if your child is dissatisfied or under the minimum age required to participate in the workshop.
- MAAS always does its best to provide a safe, happy learning environment, however if your child is not able to participate in a meaningful way in one of our workshops, we will contact you to arrange for them to be picked up.
- It is expected that all participating children will have basic computer and mouse skills.
- Refunds and cancellations are not permitted after a purchase has been confirmed. In some special circumstances refunds may be authorised at the discretion of MAAS.
- MAAS will not take responsibility for customer errors during the booking process. Please check all details of your booking carefully before submitting payment.
Sydney Observatory – General Public
Please read the conditions below carefully:
- Tours proceed in all weather conditions.
- If viewing through telescope equipment is not possible due to adverse sky conditions (eg rain or cloud cover), alternative activities will be arranged for the tour. Patrons should be aware that under these circumstances, it may not be possible to see astronomical objects in the sky.
Please Note: Museum of Applied Arts & Sciences does not make recommendations or forecasts regarding weather and recommends that patrons refer to the Bureau of Meteorology to check weather conditions. The decision to proceed with a tour booking ultimately rests with the patron.
- Tickets for Night and Twilight Tours are non-refundable but may be rain-checked in the event of adverse weather. Refer to rain check conditions*
- For patrons’ safety, comfort and tour quality, there is a strict limit of 18 people per tour.
- Patrons should arrive 10-15 minutes prior to their tour start time.
- Tickets must be paid for at the time of booking and cannot be reserved without payment.
- Due to high demand for night tours, it is strongly recommended that patrons pre-book tickets in advance of their visit.
- To redeem Observatory gift vouchers, patrons must call 09 9217 0222. Gift vouchers may be redeemed to book a general night tour only and cannot be used for any catered or special events. Patrons must notify operators of the gift voucher prior to confirming a booking. Patrons must bring their gift voucher with them to Sydney Observatory and present this with their ticket upon entry.
- Patrons must advise of discount or entertainment vouchers at the time of booking via the Booking Office (02) 9217 0111. Discounts cannot be retrospectively applied after a booking is confirmed.
- Patrons using iVenture and Entertainment vouchers must present their voucher, certification card or other evidence of discount at Sydney Observatory reception prior to commencement of the tour. If the voucher is not provided, full entry fees will apply to your ticket.
- Discounts and Entertainment vouchers apply for standard tours only (refer to specific voucher conditions). These cannot be used for catered or special events.
- Adult supervision of minors is required at all times at the Sydney Observatory. A minimum ratio of 1 adult for every 5 children in attendance, is required.
- Night tours are unsuitable for children under the age of 5. Twilight and Highlights Tours are recommended as more suitable options for young children.
Please Note: Sydney Observatory does not offer children’s birthday parties.
- There is no general parking available on-site at Sydney Observatory. If you require accessibility parking and have a Government issued accessible parking permit, you may contact Sydney Observatory to arrange access on (02) 9217 0222. Please note accessible parking on site is strictly limited and is not available to buses.
- Special conditions apply to all catered and special events. Please refer to the specific event page for conditions of entry.
Rain Check Terms and Conditions*
- Rain checks are available to patrons who wish to exchange their tickets into an alternative session due to adverse sky conditions. Rain checks are not issued for change of mind.
- To rain-check tickets, patrons must phone the Sydney Observatory booking office prior to 12 noon on the day of their tour. Booking Office: (02) 9217 0111
- Rain checked tickets must be re-booked and used for a tour taking place within 30 days of the original tour date
- Patrons may change the date of their tour booking no more than twice within the 30 day rain check period.
- Rain checks are subject to tour availability.
- Rain check tickets become null and void if not redeemed within 30 days
- Rain checks may only be made for another tour of equal or lesser value to the original tour purchased.
- Rain checks and exchanges are available for Night and Twilight Tours. Rain checks are not available for Highlights tours
- Rain checks are not available for catered and special events
- If a patron is rain checking into a higher value tour, additional charges may apply.
- It is strongly recommended that patrons redeem their rain check vouchers as early as possible, to secure your place, as spaces are limited.
- Group rates apply to groups of 10 or more people
- Group bookings must be pre-paid at the time of booking.
- Group bookings may be made up to 3 months in advance by calling Sydney Observatory booking office (02) 9217 0111 between 10am – 5pm daily
General booking terms and conditions
- Evening talks, tours and events must be pre-booked and paid for at the time of booking by calling our Bookings Office 02 9217 0111 or by purchasing online at www.dev.maas.museum
- Refunds and cancellations are not available after a purchase has been confirmed, except in accordance with the LPA Code of Practice or as required by law.
- Concession and student tickets are available to patrons holding valid Australian concession cards. A valid Australian concession must be presented upon entry.
- Tickets are valid only when purchased through the dev.maas.museum website or through an authorised third-party agent. Entry may be denied where tickets have been purchased through an unauthorised vendor or where tickets have been tampered with, damaged or defaced.
- Tickets may not be used for advertising or promotions or resold at a premium without the direct written consent of MAAS. Breach of this condition may result in the cancellation of tickets and admission may be denied.
- The right of admission is reserved and subject to the venue terms of admission.
- Filming is not permitted inside MAAS venues without the express written consent of MAAS.
- Ticket holders enter the venue at their own risk.